Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Challenging


Some days are just hard. Challenging is a better word.

Today was a challenge.

It was a challenge to get out of bed. It was cool. Soft. I was sleepy.
It was a challenge to get the coffee.  Feed the kids. Make the lunches. Think about what to make for dinner. 
It was a challenge to get myself fixed up for work. Find clothes. Pack exercise clothes for lunch. Pack work clothes for after work.
It was a challenge to run to the basement for drinks.  To find yucky things on the floor.  To step in yucky things on the floor. To clean up the yucky things I tracked all over the floor.

I was sweaty and thirsty and disheveled before I left the house at 6am.



That's life.  (Life in morning at the Cat Ranch, that is.)

I've heard the quote "Set a goal for every day and never be tired." I'll work on that. 

Tomorrow morning, I'll get up and do it all over again. Hopefully with less yucky things on the floor. 

No comments :

Post a Comment