Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Be My Valentine

 
Walt Kowalski surprised me with an early Valentine present.
 
He's bought me flowers in the past for holidays and special occasions, and while I love flowers, the price of flowers on February 14th is killer.   
 
(Don't even get me started on the Christmas flowers I tried to buy for Grammy this year.  I had a coupon for $20 off of a minimum order of $20.  I picked out a nice, small bouquet in a fancy snowman mug.  The total of the order was $23.99. Perfect.  Grammy will love it.  Then I proceeded to finish my order. 
 
Shipping tax.
Handling tax.
Delivery cost.
Holiday fee.  (What is a holiday fee?!?)
State tax.
 
By the time the ordered was ready to be submitted the final total AFTER subtracting the coupon was $47.00!
 
Delete. I love you Grammy, but some coupons are not a bargain.)
 
Walt Kowalski also knows how I can't stand to be wasteful especially with money. 
 
But he's also sneaky.  Sneaky in a good way, that is.  He still bought me flowers for Valentine's.
 
 
 
Except he bought me flowers that will bloom all summer.  {smiles}

I love them.  After I hugged him he stopped and pulled away and said "I just realized I created more digging work for myself didn't I?  Crap." 

It's ok.  It's outside "work" in the summer. That is the kind of work we like.  

Oh and I got Walt Kowalski a couple of gifts, too.  Nothing as fancy. New headphones (he needed them badly!), a couple of scratch off lottery tickets, and a hockey decal for the bar mirror.

No comments :

Post a Comment