Thursday, December 3, 2015

Dam


I have lived here forever and I have never seen the dam. I even had a friend that lived close to the dam, but never saw the dam. Walt Kowalski and I were out on an adventure this weekend and made a right onto what we thought was called Alien Road.  It was actually Auen Road, but we made a lot of alien jokes.

Before we knew it, we were just a mile away from the dam.  We've come this far, let's go see the dam.

Dam. Hee hee.

The dam was authorized by the Flood Control Act of 1936 and completed in 1952. It is one of 16 flood control structures in the area.

If this dam wasn't here, the point downtown would be under at least 4 feet of water. 





Holy cow! That's a dam.  I have seen smaller dams, Kingston, and larger dams, Hoover, but this was still impressive. 

It was a miserable cold and rainy day, but the dam was still cool.

I want to go back in the rainy season to see how high the water is and see more water shooting out.


Dam.  Hee hee. 

1 comment :