Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Groceries


It was a beautiful day yesterday. Cool, but as long as you were in the sun it was warm.

I had a few errands to run at lunch.  I (and Walt Kowalski) am one of those people that doesn't have to have a front row parking space.  I don’t mind walking a few extra steps to the store AND if I'm driving Big Red, I really don't mind parking away from everybody to give myself more room to maneuver. 

The dollar store was one my list, so I parked at the back of the parking lot.  But as I was on my way, I thought about the grocery store in the same plaza.  They have gift cards on sale. Ok, slight detour to the grocery. It's not a far walk.  The weather is good. I'll leave my car parked here.

Gift cards are easy to carry.  But as I picked up my gift cards, I saw a few other things on sale.  Oh, I'll grab those.  Also easy to carry. Yams.  I need some more yams.  A jar of apricot preserves.  I need that, too. OK, now I need a buggy.  Well, now that I have a buggy, I can get a few other large items I need.  They are on sale.

And I have a $10 coupon, so I better get enough to use the coupon.

25 minutes later, I have a buggy full and I exit the store.  Only to remember I am parked WAY over there. 

Crap.  OK, through the parking lot I go with my buggy full of groceries. 

Now, it didn't seem like a long walk when I was just carrying my wallet.  But when you're pushing a cart full of groceries, suddenly it's not a short trip. 

You can't even see my car in this photo!
Push the buggy through the parking lot, past the truck full of construction workers having lunch.
Unload the groceries.
I'm so far away, there are no cart corrals and I won't leave a buggy unattended.
Push the buggy back through the parking lot, past the truck full of construction workers having lunch.
Walk back to my car, past the truck full of construction workers having lunch. They watched me every time.  I'm certain they had a good laugh at the crazy lady pushing the buggy.
Finally, finished. Back to work.
 
And I forgot to go to the Dollar Store. 

1 comment :