Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Croak Croak

It's the season of cleanout up outside.

We got the swing moved and wrapped, dragged the patio furniture up the hill to the shed, emptied the flower pots, pulled the peppers, dig up the dahlias.  Rake leaves. Rake leaves. Rake leaves. Just normal fall activities. 

I still need to bring in the solar lights.

The hostas got frosted, or rather frozen, and they are done. I have been in the process of cutting of the top leaves. 

 
It's a simple process.  The hand trimmers don't cut very well now that the leaves have withered, so  sharp knife is a better instrument. Grab a handful, pull to the side, cut, cut, cut, throw in wheelbarrow.

I love hostas, so there was plenty to cut.  The leaves mixed in and will be raked out later. Except as I grabbed a handful of leaves, I think a leaf moved. 

 
No, wait, that leaf didn't move, it hopped.



Well hello there Toady. You were hiding in the leaves.  (He's in all three photos!)

I don't know who was more startled.  He was a big guy, and hopped away into a new hiding place in the rocks.

1 comment :