Thursday, December 17, 2015

Busy Morning

Mornings are fast. 

Walt Kowalski started his early winter shift, so we're out the door by 5:40am. He's done at 2:30pm now.  JEALOUS!

I *should* get up earlier, but the big bed is so hard to get out of.  I *should* go to sleep earlier, too, but this is the Cat Ranch, it never happens. 

The morning race goes like this:

Wake up
Bathroom
Feed Cats
Walt Kowalski wake up (he gets 5 extra minutes)
Fix hairs
Walt Kowalski shower
Remove cat from heat register
Find work clothes
Remove cat from work clothes
Get dressed
Slap on a little makeup
Put on left shoe
Remove cat from table
Fix lunches
Find right shoe
Get gym bags
Feed cats
Remove cat from chair
Put on right shoe
Wash hands again (about a dozen times so far this morning)
Fix snacks
Fill water bottles
Find coat
Find car keys
Find phone
Find house keys
Search for water bottle that was just here a moment ago
Find gloves
Make travel coffee for Walt Kowalski
Put on gloves
Take off gloves
Clean up hair ball
Put on gloves
Warm cars (if needed)
Turn off lights
Turn on lights
Find phone and keys that were left on table when looking for water bottle
Turn off lights
Lock door
Confirm phones and keys in pocket
Pick-up newspaper in drive way

That's the short version.  Sometimes, like today, there was a clean litter box in there because it was stinky.  Breakfast is when we get to work. 

Yesterday, everything was running smoothly.  We weren't even in a rush. Walt Kowalski said "I'll take your bags out to the car and get the paper.  You lock the house."

So I did. 

Hug, hug, kiss, kiss and away we went to work.

Except.

When I got to work, I thought "what is this extra lump in my coat pocket?"

ARGH!  I have the house keys!  More specifically, I have Walt Kowalski's house keys AND my house keys.

Oh I dreaded sending that text message. 

We have talked about hiding a key outside, but it's one of those things that we'll get around to one of these days.  But it never happened.

Rats.

So I manned up, or rather womanned up and told the boss.  I said I would work through my normal lunch and then go home a little early and log on and finish my last hour of work at home. He was ok with that.  Walt Kowalski had a good laugh, too.

Weekend Project #1:  Get hide-a-key hidden. 

No comments :

Post a Comment