Thursday, October 22, 2015

Snacks?

If you know me, you know that I'm not a vending machine person.  I come prepared with snacks, drinks, and usually a lunch. When Walt Kowalski and I first got together, I never went anywhere without snacks and a drink.  Good snacks.  Nuts, berries, fruit, and chocolate. Always chocolate. 

It was healthier and cheaper.  At first, he would say "but if we're hungry we'll just grab something."  Sometimes that's ok.  Other times, I don't want to spend the money on bad food, cheap food, or not good food. 

The 10 minutes it takes me to pack a snack at home is totally worth it.  After a few day trips, and some good snacks of cheese and crackers, nuts and berries, and of course, chocolate, Walt Kowalski is hooked.  Now he even packs the cooler while I'm packing the snacks. 

Today, I was very, very unprepared. (I was tired from splitting wood last night and didn't do my morning prep at night.  We just went to bed.)  I had plans to stop and buy something healthy at the store.  However, the store didn't have what I wanted.  I have my lunch and ate it for breakfast.  

Ok I have a couple of dollars, I'll see what is in the vending machine. 

Much to my surprise...


It's gloves, safety goggles, and lubricants. 

Cool, but disappointing snacks.

No comments :

Post a Comment