Wednesday, April 29, 2015

How?!?!

 
How does this happen?
 
 
 
 

Same socks came from the
same package and worn
same number of times and went through the
same number of washes and the
same number of dries.

Yet one shrinks and one grows.  I could wear one and Walt Kowalski could wear one.

Plants and flowers are the same way.  Four years ago we got some azaleas on sale at the end of the season.  They all did great.  Except for one.  They were planted the same, at the same time, watered the same, same light, same dark.  Yet one died.  Who knows. 

Last night we did some work around the yard.  Cutting grass, planting shrubs, trees, and hostas.  On the way home I said to Walt Kowalski 'I need to dig out the dead azalea, dig out the three shrubs for Grammy, and dig holes to plant the five hostas.'

He said "I need to dig two holes to plant the two new fruit trees, too.  Why don't we just dig holes everywhere in the yard?"
 
I said 'Well, we're already up to eleven holes we need to dig, so it sounds like that is what we are going to do.'
 

1 comment :

  1. We have weird sock issues too, including the 1 sock stretch. ick. I just did a load of whites today -- my most dreaded load.

    ReplyDelete