Thursday, November 14, 2013

Lost

My students go nowhere, nowhere, without their phones.  On a regular basis, I find a phone someone left in the ladies room.
 
I have a 100% return rate.  Once I even called the number listed as "mom" to find the owner of the phone.  Telephone karma. 

The last phone I found was a professor's phone, so it's not just students.

I don't have this phone addiction.  I do however, have this addiction with my camera and I take it with me everywhere. 

I forgot it at House #1. :(  I remembered it when we got home, but I was cold and hungry and didn't want to go back.  Walt Kowalski was so kind and even offered to go get it for me.  It wasn't necessary.  We'll be at House #1 tonight.  Let's just hope aliens don't land before then.

I have pictures of the removal of the second chimney.  We are almost down to the ceiling of the basement. 

Last night we did some online research about laminated support beams.  We are going to use a laminated beam for support on the first floor instead of a wall to the living room.  We're also going to use one in the basement to correct the sag in the house. 

Walt Kowalski has done this before so he has excellent ideas.  I, however, only had a general idea of what he's talking about, but needed to see more pictures.  We didn't just find pictures, we found videos, instructions, and a whole lot of what not to do when removing a wall. 

Ahhhhhh it makes so much more sense now. 

I'll have lots of pictures.

When I remember my camera. 

P.S. Don't call me from the ladies room and use some sanitizer on that phone every now and then.

1 comment :

  1. It drives me crazy when people are talking on the phone when in the bathroom!!! Ick. Glad you found your camera!

    ReplyDelete