Thursday, August 29, 2013

Current Progress

Chain Saw Johnny called last night.  He's not going to be able to make it over to work on tree felling this Saturday.  He had three reasons.  They were good reasons.
  1. It's a holiday weekend. 
  2. They have a party to go to on Saturday.
  3. He's got the poison.
Poison ivy that is. 

All three good reasons.  As a person who gets the poison ivy easily, I understand.  Walt Kowalski and I always *try* to take good precautions to prevent the accidental outbreak.  Working in 80 degree weather in long sleeves, long pants, gloves, a hat, and boots is never fun. 

But neither is the two weeks of itching and oozing of the poison. 

I take extra precautions.  After I tie my work boots, I wash my hands.  After I touch the tools we used the previous week, I wash my hands.  After see poison in the yard, I wash my hands. 

The last time I got the poison I was very lucky.  I had it in two spots on both of my hips.  It took me a day to realize how after wearing long sleeves and long pants I got it on a place that was covered. 

Darn bathroom breaks.  The oils must have been on my sleeves.  ARGH!!! Would someone please work to create a product you can spray on your clothes to see if you have poison ivy oils on you. Thank you.  And looking back, I'm very lucky I only got it on my hips.  Now I'm even more extra-er careful. 

Walt Kowalski got it in a similar fashion.  After a day of work, I went inside to shower and he stayed to tend the fire.  It was hot and he took off his long sleeve shirt, sat down, and had a drink.  In the process, he rested his naked elbow on the knees of his work jeans. Those same work jeans that had just been through the poison.  ARGH!   

Sounds like Chain Saw Johnny did the same thing. *sigh*

Anyways, here's some photos from House #1. 

The walls are really coming down. This is in the back bedroom looking through to the front bedroom.

Walt Kowalski took that blue ceiling down last night.  I worked on the pale green walls.  The ceilings are the worst.  Coal dust.  Black extra dirty dirt.

 

This is the view from the "new" bathroom, through the closet into the master bedroom.

 
That's the burn pile for this weekend's bonfire in the master bedroom.
 
We were up late last night.  Late for us on a "school night" is 11:30pm.  We were waiting on the washing machine.  I know that sounds silly, but I wanted the clothes in the dryer before we went to bed.
 
We have our favorites that we wear to do this dirty work.  I shouldn't call them our favorites, I should call them the dirties.  They are the clothes we don't mind getting dirty and sweaty. 
 
Boy do they get dirty. 
 
So dirty that I won't wash anything else in the load with them.  AND I use the super dirty cycle (actually called stain wash) that takes 2 hours 45 minutes. 
 
But they come out clean.  Every time.  Even the white towel we use to wipe our hands and face comes out clean.
 
Now if only I could get the dirty out of my nose and ears so easily. 

No comments :

Post a Comment