Monday, July 20, 2015

HOT HOT HOT

It was HOT this weekend.  Really hot.  Super hot. 

Did I mention it was HOT?

Just because it was hot doesn't keep us from filling our days. 

Saturday felt like we did it all. 

Ran errands around town - bank, market, egg store. 
Did chores around the Cat Ranch - scrubbing litter boxes, cleaning, mopping, laundry, dishes.
Worked at the front house - removed more lathe.  Filled the back of the truck full!
Worked at the Cat Ranch - removed shrubs, trimmed shrubs, raked the front hill
Did more chores and laundry
Had a fire and drinks with the neighbors.

Laundry.  Where does it all come from?!?!  We are either the cleanest people or the dirtiest people.  I say the same thing about soap.  Didn't I just buy soap? Who is using all of this soap? Hand soap, dish soap, bath soap.  Once again, either the cleanest or the dirtiest.

When I see the laundry, we are the dirtiest.  Work hard. Play hard.  Get dirty.

(I should put that motto on the fridge.)

One of my chores was switching to the summer comforter on the bed.  The winter one needed de-furred and washed. I also had a pile of slippers in the hamper.  In the winter, we have a pair of slippers in every room.  In the summer, I like to wash them all and thin out the heard. 

With the hot and sunny weather this weekend, it was perfect slipper washing weather. I sent them all through the machine and then set they all out to dry in the sun. I did the same with the clothes on the line.  (Walt Kowalski just shakes his head at me.)

The weatherman said there was a slight chance of a passing rain shower.  With the hot and humid weather, it's always possible.  Around 4pm, we saw a few clouds forming.  They were nothing to worry about and headed around us to the North with one rumble of thunder we could hear in the distance.  But for us, the sun was still shining. 

Then there was a single rain drop.
Then another rain drop.
Then another rain drop.

Then before we knew we were running for cover from the major rain drops!

OK, I had our phones and my camera sitting out by the garage, I have two clothes lines full of clothes, and the front steps are covered in slippers drying in the sun.

Electronics took priority. Walt Kowalski was cleaning up his toys, too.
Clothes took the next priority.

Slippers had to be sacrificed.

 
By the time I got all of the electronics and clothes inside, it was raining so hard the slippers were soaked. No need to rush now. 
 
You can see the sun is out! Crazy weather. HUGE drops of rain.
 

 

As fast as the rain came, a few minutes later it was gone. I grabbed a basket, spin out the slippers (again) and restarted the drying process.  *sigh*

The reward was snow cones.   

 

1 comment :

  1. The weather has been wild. Freezing cold to way too much rain then a heat wave and just bursts of showers. Good job saving the electronics!

    ReplyDelete