Thursday, June 18, 2015

On Business

 
Boss:  "I want you to learn some new things.  Please schedule a trip down."
Me: "Ok.  The middle of July works for me. After we return from vacation."
Boss:  "Can't wait! You must come now."
Me: "Ok. I guess I'm coming now."
 
I tried to leave on Tuesday afternoon/evening.  Sat through construction to get to the airport.  Hustled in.  Parking. Security. Baggage. Find departures board. Flight: On Time
 
Walt Kowalski called from home "Your flight is cancelled."
Me: "ha ha ha you're silly."
Walt Kowalski:  "Seriously. They are on the phone. You are rescheduled for tomorrow morning."
Me: "Boo hoo. Boo hoo."
 
Wednesday morning. Get up and do it all over again.
 
 
I finally made it.  Something about the hurricane in Texas. 
 
I missed my hotel because it didn't look like a hotel.  It's in an area with other professional buildings. (Kinda looks like the Contemporary Hotel at Disney.)


Yesterday my co-workers said "Why are you allllll the way on that side of town.  It's so far away." Well, not being familiar with the area, I selected the hotel with the amenities I wanted in the price range I was permitted.  A 15 minute drive to the office isn't a big deal. 

As it turns out, all of the traffic was headed in the opposite direction during rush hour.  I guess my pick wasn't so bad after all.

And my pick really wasn't bad when I saw what was around in addition to the amenities.

Behind the hotel was a waterfall and fountains. Those are townhouses/condos. 
 

And a lake.  Yes, it's probably a man-made lake, but it's a nice like.  With a walking path around and paddle boats.

Those clouds are a storm front that came overnight.  It's still 98 degrees here. Love it.


And here is the pool in the hotel.


But wait there's more. You can swim from inside to outside. 


 
As a kid, you would have had to drag me out of that pool.  As an adult, it was hard not to jump in clothes and all.
 
My room is a suite with the beds on one side and living room/desk area on the other.
 

After replacing the countertop at home, I now notice countertops.  This one is nice. The ones at work are an awful pink color. 

1 comment :