Monday, June 15, 2015

Bathroom

 
Our goal for the weekend was to fill the dumpster AND get rid of the rest of the plaster in the house. It was a big goal and we pushed to accomplish that goal.  The humidity didn't help.  We WAY underestimated the amount of liquids we would need.
 
This was a small closet and bathroom.
 
 
 
We are going to make it one room with a shower instead of a tub.  Once the existing walls are gone, it is easy to see how making that change will be easy. Shower in the corner. Toilet to the side. Vanity along the wall. Sometimes it is difficult for me to see three dimensional when the walls are in the way.  Once they are gone, I have a better "vision."



Saturday night and Sunday night we spent hydrating ourselves. J

I didn't show the acrobatics Walt Kowalski did to get the plaster off of the ceiling above the steps, but lets just say that it involved standing on one foot on the railing. 


The "black" on the lathe on the walls is from coal dust. Some areas are clean and are easily removed without much mess.  Other areas, like the ceiling, are covered in a layer of 50 year old coal dust.



Here's something you won't see often, my photo! (I can hear Grammy now: 'Of all the photos!')


Actually, this was half way through Saturday, before I got really dirty and really sweaty.  My mask was white when I started. 

No, I wasn't standing out in the rain, that's sweat on my shirt. Walt Kowalski was so sweaty, you could see the dry rectangle outline on this pants where his phone was in his pocket. 

No comments :

Post a Comment