Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Lazy Saturday

A couple of Saturdays we weren't feeling it.  It was cold.  We were tired.  the list of things to do was long, but we just didn't have the motivation. 

The biggest thing we felt like doing was taking a nap. 

We were hungry, but didn't want anything to eat.  We were bored, but didn't want to do anything. 

We were just over everything.  Even the cats were tired. 


Yes, that's 3 cats in a basket.  Fudge was taking up the majority.  Oreo climbed in with him and Pepper Mama laid right on top. It was the sunny spot in the kitchen.  

A day a home was just what everyone needed. 

I found a movie on TV, put on the tea kettle, Walt Kowalski made a fire and we just hang out.  

The day wasn't a complete waste.  A huge sewing mending pile has accumulated. (I hate mending. Am I the last person on Earth that still mends?)


Walt Kowalski stumbled across it when he was cleaning out the back room.  Some things just went in the garbage; they were past repairs.  OK, they were past desire to repair. Others were fixable.  They are the hand-sewing fixes that take time.  Things like missing buttons.  I also had 3 hoodies that had ripped pocket seams.  We've all done it.  Get your pocket caught on the door knob.  You can still wear the hoodie, but now the pocket is flapping and makes it even easier to catch.

So I got out my cookie tin of sewing supplies and did some mending.  

FYI, I still haven't got my sewing machine fixed.  {bows head in shame.} Yes, Miss Wendy, I know.  


No comments :

Post a Comment