Saturday, February 22, 2014

Saturday night

I had a bad day on Thursday. Work, boss, co-workers, and the hassles of life got the best of me.

It happens. It isn't the first time and it won't be the last time. A few tears, a few hugs, and a good sleep puts everything in perspective. 

Walt Kowalski and I headed in opposite directions on this beautiful sunshiney day. This is an unusual occurrence.

I headed to see the niece play basketball and he puttered around the house and yard, cleaning up the fallen tree limbs, straightening up the dwindling log pile, and prepped the grill for the first dinner of the season. (I should also mention that he also ran the sweeper, did a few loads of laundry, and emptied and reloaded the dishwasher. But that just sounds like I am bragging and a slacker.)

After a delicious dinner of red meat and potatoes we adjourned to the couch next to a fire in the game room.   

Snuggled under a blanket, Walt Kowalski curled up next to me and purred "ahhhhh, you are warm as toast. No, make that peanut butter toast.  Even better, peanut butter toast with apricot jelly."

Tonight I am peanut butter toast with apricot jelly on the couch.

I can think of nothing better for this moment.

No comments :

Post a Comment